Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust
Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust (previously known as Walsall Hospital NHS Trust) was formed in April 2001 and is an acute health provider with over 3,200 staff and 560 beds.
We provide the full range of services normally expected in a District General Hospital and are the only secondary care provider in the local health economy.
Some interesting facts about the Manor:
- We are one of only five trusts in the country to achieve the 18 week referral to treatment target a whole year early. This means that patients are seen in Outpatients, have any diagnostic tests undertaken and the first stage of their treatment commenced, all within 18 weeks
- We have some of the lowest infection rates in the area making us the hospital of choice in the West Midlands
- In 2007/08 we had a total income of £164 million, a 9.6% increase on the previous year
- Over 88% of patient admissions are from the Walsall area however we welcome patients from outside the borough
- The hospital is in the midst of a £170 million hospital redevelopment which will bring us modern, first class facilities and a multi-professional education centre. Please visit our Hospital Redevelopment pages to keep up to date with progress on the redevelopment
“Proud to provide modern first class treatment for you and your family when and where you need it, by people who care.”
Our Trust Values
The Trust's vision was developed at the end of 2006 and reflects local and national priorities as well as the ambitions of all the staff working within the organisation. Our vision also supports partnership working and the delivery of shared goals to build better health for the people of Walsall and beyond.
- Teamwork – we work together and support each other to provide the best care for patients
- Professionalism – we are competent in our work and we act in a way that inspires confidence
- Care – we are friendly and approachable and our patients are at the centre of everything we do
- Respect – we value patients and staff as individuals and will make sure we explain and listen
- Pride – we enjoy our jobs and we are happy working at the Manor
R&D Lead - email@example.com
Clinician Lead - firstname.lastname@example.org