What we do for researchers
Benefits for researchers working with the NIHR Clinical Research Networks.
As a researcher working closely with all the NIHR Clinical Research Networks, you will have:
- access to experienced Research Management and Governance staff who can advise you on all the governance aspects of undertaking clinical research in the NHS and facilitate the rapid approval of your study through the NIHR Coordinated System for gaining NHS Permission (NIHR CSP)
- access to a local network of dedicated skilled research support staff including research nurses and other allied health professionals, who can help identify eligible patients for your study, arrange consent to participate in the study and monitor patients as they progress through the study
- support to ensure that your study can be successfully undertaken in the NHS including pharmacy, imaging and pathology services and the possibility of securing personal support to provide you with dedicated time to devote to clinical research
- local and national networking opportunities to promote interaction with fellow researchers in your specialty. This provides you with access to new recruitment sites and patient populations for your multicentre study and opportunities to contribute to national and international studies being led by other researchers
- access to free training opportunities such as in Good Clinical Practice (GCP), to ensure that you, and your team, have the knowledge and skills needed to contribute to high quality clinical research in the NHS.