Supporting Life-Sciences Industry
The NIHR CRN is committed to helping the life sciences industry deliver high quality research to time and target in a well managed, efficient and cost effective environment.
The process to gain NHS Permissions for research has been streamlined across Central and East London, with the aim to provide a supportive and faciliative service to our Industry partners. The Harmonised NHS Permissions process aims to:
- Open Commercial studies at as many sites as possible with more robust feasibility
- Faster turnaround times to gain NHS Permissions
- Reduced administrative burden for the Investigator
- One NHS Permission required
- One Costing and Contract
- One Medical Exposure Review
- One Pharmacy Review
Studies will be allocated depending on clinical specialty to one of four permission centres, which oversee the review process and issue the NHS Permission letter and contract/s on behalf of the local research site/s.
For more information or to discuss your commercial study contact Sean Keates (Industry Manager) on 020 7882 2064 or Alastair Nicholson (RM&G and Industry Lead) on 0207 882 3843.