If your study is on the NIHR portfolio, the CLRN may have allocated funds which you can apply for.
Your study may already be receiving funding from London (S) CLRN from the annual funds provided to your Trust, but the we also have a number of other funding streams you may be eligible to apply for.
The CLRN have funds to distribute across the network through the FSF/Contingency Fund and the London (S) CLRN Strategic Fund.
FSF/ Contingency fund
This funding is only available during the 2011/12 financial year and applications will be considered for the following:
- Salary costs for staff recruiting to CLRN portfolio studies which cannot be covered by any other sources (devolved CLRN funding via Trust R&D departments, research grants, Trust FSF allocations etc)
- Existing NIHR faculty members who are “between grants”
- Research-related time of NHS-employed administrative and secretarial staff that are supporting recruitment to CLRN portfolio studies
- Service support costs for studies that commence in year and cannot be funded by R&D departments
- Unforeseen in year costs where recruitment would fail without additional support.
Applications for FSF/ Contingency fund can be received throughout the year and are reviewed on a monthly basis by the CLRN Leadership Team.
All applications received before 5pm on the first Monday of the month will be considered that same month. Applications received after that date will be considered the following month.
Visit our Funding section for process instructions and application form
The London (South) CLRN Strategic Fund is a new model of funding introduced earlier this year. It was created to encourage innovative and imaginative ways of boosting NIHR portfolio study recruitment.
London (S) called for a second round of bid submissions for the strategic fund in June. This particular funding round favoured collaborative bids form CLRN Specialty Groups however, bids from Topic Specific Networks were also considered.
Funds have now been allocated for round 2 and the full results of the successful bid submissions will be published next month in the CLRN Update and the London (South) website and Portal.
The submission of bids to this fund has been hugely popular and we will be accepting the next round of bids in early 2012. More details to follow later this year.
Visit our Funding section for further details on this funding stream.