What we do
The Cardiovascular Specialty Group offers specialist expertise and guidance to assist with the delivery of studies.
It provides opportunities for healthcare professionals to become involved in research and for existing researchers to access a network of skilled research support staff and wider patient populations. The group undertakes tasks such as:
- Provides help and guidance for studies to get onto the Cardiovascular portfolio
- Monitors the performance of studies to ensure they are getting the right level of CLRN support
- Encourages patient and public involvement into decision making and management of studies
- Links into other Cardiovascular national networks
- Works with Life-sciences Industry
- Raise the profile of Cardiovascular Research.
"Cardiovascular has one of the largest clinical research portfolios with the largest number of patients actively engaged in research. We also have a number of specialist areas and have therefore created a series of Specialty sub-groupings to ensure that each research project has specialist input/leadership and ownership. This also facilitates stronger topic-specific interactions with industry partners."
Professors Mark Caulfield and Bryan Williams, Chairs, NIHR Cardiovascular Specialty Group