What we do
The Ear, Nose and Throat Specialty Group offers specialist expertise and guidance to assist with the delivery of studies.
The group actively manages it’s research portfolio through regular progress review, identification of barriers to recruitment and actions to break these down.
They undertake tasks such as:
- Providing help and guidance for studies to get onto the Ear, Nose and Throat portfolio
- Monitoring the performance of studies to ensure they are getting the right level of CLRN support
- Encourages patient and public involvement into decision making and management of studies
- Links into other Ear, Nose and Throat national networks
- Works with the Life-sciences Industry
- Raising the profile of Ear, Nose and Throat Research.
“The Specialty Groups offers us, for the first time, a national approach to coordinating research in an ethically and practically challenging environment, offering great opportunities for clinicians to contribute to research at many levels. It offers the means of joining up the community, succeeding and measuring our success and ensuring that resources are available to support this important emerging area of research.”
Professor Tim Walsh, Chair, NIHR Critical Care Specialty Group