What we do
The Gastroenterology Specialty Group offers specialist expertise and guidance to assist with the delivery of studies.
The group actively manages it’s research portfolio through regular progress review, identification of barriers to recruitment and actions to break these down.
They undertake tasks such as:
- Providing help and guidance for studies to get onto the Gastroenterology portfolio
- Monitoring the performance of studies to ensure they are getting the right level of CLRN support
- Encourages patient and public involvement into decision making and management of studies
- Links into other Gastroenterology national networks
- Works with Life-sciences Industry
- Raising the profile of Gastrointestinal Research.
“The Specialty Groups offers us, for the first time, a national approach to coordinating research in an ethically and practically challenging environment, offering great opportunities for clinicians to contribute to research at many levels. It offers the means of joining up the community, succeeding and measuring our success and ensuring that resources are available to support this important emerging area of research.”
Professor Tim Walsh, Chair, NIHR Critical Care Specialty Group
Working with the British Society of Gastroenterology and the Hepatology Specialty Group
The British Society of Gastroenterology (BSG) exists to maintain and promote high standards of patient care in gastroenterology and to enhance the capacity of its members to discover and apply new knowledge to benefit patients with digestive disorders.
Head of Research and Learning at the British Society for Gastroenterology (BSG) describes how the collaboration with the Gastroenterology and Hepatology Specialty Groups came about and why working together is so beneficial to research.
Click here to read the full article.