What we do
The Injuries and Emergencies Specialty Group offers specialist expertise and guidance to assist with the delivery of studies.
The group actively manages it’s research portfolio through regular progress review, identification of barriers to recruitment and actions to break these down.
They undertake tasks such as:
- Providing help and guidance for studies to get onto the Injuries and Emergencies portfolio
- Monitoring the performance of studies to ensure they are getting the right level of CLRN support
- Encouraging patient and public involvement into decision making and management of studies
- Links into other national networks, including Trauma Networks
- Work with Life-sciences Industry
- Raising the profile of research into injuries and emergencies
Injuries and Emergencies is a diverse and rapidly growing part of the NIHR research portfolio. We have created three specialist communities within our group - pre-hospital care, emergency department and musculoskeletal - to ensure that we can provide the right advice and support to the full range of studies in our specialty area. Don't hesitate to contact us. We are here to help you deliver your research on time and on target. Professor Matthew Costa, Chair