What we do
The Paediatrics Specialty Group offers specialist expertise and guidance to assist with the delivery of studies.
The group provides opportunities for healthcare professionals to become involved in research and for existing researchers to access a network of skilled research support staff and wider patient populations.The group undertakes tasks such as:
- Provides help and guidance for studies to get onto the Paediatrics portfolio
- Monitors the performance of Paediatrics studies to ensure they are getting the right level of CLRN (Comprehensive Local Support Network) support
- Encourages patient and public involvement into decision making and management of studies
- Links into other Paediatrics national networks
- Works with Life-sciences Industry
- Raise the profile of Paediatrics Research.
“The Paediatrics Specialty Group, working alongside the NIHR Medicines for Children Research Network, provides a national approach to supporting all types of paediatric research.”
Professor Anne Greenough, Chair, NIHR Paediatrics (non-medicines) Specialty Group