The Clinical Directorship for the West Midlands (North) CLRN is shared between Dr Nigel Capps and Prof Clive Hawkins. Prof Clive Hawkins is acting lead until June 2013.
The Core Team is led by Dr Althea Allison, Senior Manager. The Lead RM&G Manager is Dr Trevor Allen who is supported by Research Managers Mary-Anne Darby and Pam Devall, and senior Research Governance Facilitators (RGFs) Joe Millar, Heather Cooper and Sandra Halden, who work across the Network. The Information Manager is Hamid Hussain who is supported by Dan Gallagher, an Information Analyst. The Industry Manager is Catherine Dexter and the Business/Administration Manager is Anne Richards who is supported by Janet Clarke, Administrator.
There are six other Network wide professional posts which support member organisations in the delivery of NIHR Portfolio Studies and are based from the Core Team office; The Lead Research Nurse is Alison Hardwick-Hazelgren; Dr Owen Driskell is the Laboratory Medicine Lead; Julie Shenton is Clinical Trials Pharmacy Lead and Elizabeth Wilkinson is Radiography Lead and Alex Howes is the Finance Officer.
The day to day operation of the CLRN is supported by an Executive Group, led by the CLRN Clinical Director, which has representation from primary, secondary and tertiary care and mental health.
Members of the Executive Group are:
- Professor Clive Hawkins – Co-Director
- Dr Althea Allison – Senior Manager West Midlands (North) CLRN
- Professor Peter Crome – Representing Mental Health
- Yvonne Hague – Representing Secondary Care/DGH expertise in Commercial Research
- Rhian Hughes - Representing Primary Care
- TBC - Representing Tertiary Care
- Dr Tom Sheeran - Representing Secondary Care/DGH
- Dr Nigel Capps – Executive Group Chair/Representing Secondary Care/DGH
- Dr Trevor Allen - Lead RM&G Manager West Midlands (North) CLRN