The CLRN provides advice and support to its local member organisations and to anyone involved in supporting, facilitating or conducting clinical research in the NHS. This is provided through a network of front line advisers based in the core RM&G team or within local NHS organisations.
Please contact your local CLRN RM&G team or R&D office when you have a query, require support or have feedback to provide at any stage in your research.
West Midlands (North) Comprehensive Local Research Network (CLRN) Research Management and Governance (RM&G) has been divided into three clusters that are responsible for providing RM&G support for Trusts in their respected geographical locations managed by Dr Trevor Allen, Lead RM&G Manager.
Organisational Chart which depicts RM&G Structure for West Midlands (North) CLRN (PDF)
Northern Cluster will provide RM&G support for the following Trusts:
- North Staffordshire PCT
- Stoke on Trent PCT
- University Hospital of North Staffordshire NHS Trust
- North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust
Eastern Cluster will provide RM&G support for the following Trusts:
- Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- South Staffordshire PCT
- Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust
- South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
The Eastern Cluster office operates from:
St George's Hospital
Tel: 01785 221125
Western Cluster will provide RM&G support for the following Trusts:
- Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic and District Hospitals NHS Trust
- Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust
- Shropshire County PCT
- Telford and Wrekin PCT
- The Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals NHS Trust
- Wolverhampton City PCT
The Western Cluster office operates from:
Tel: 01902 441843
The RM&G support will be administered from the offices that are in the process of being set up in each of the geographical clusters. Each cluster will be led by a Research Manager as part of the Lead RM&G Team and supported by a Research Facilitator and Administrator.