The Primary Care Research Network features in an article on the newly launched NIHR CRN Clinical Research Partner Zone on the Guardian online.
The article, which is called 'Making primary care research a priority in the new NHS landscape', looks at how research and evaluation can help meet the challenges faced by Clinical Commissioning Groups. Quoted in the article Dr Peter Brindle says:
The message we need to get across to commissioners is that if we don't do research and evaluation, treatments and services will not progress."
Dr Peter Davies who is also quoted in the article describes the positive impact the PCRN is having on establishing primary care research in England.
The Clinical Research Partner Zone is a new initiative developed by the NIHR Clinical Research Network in collaboration with the Guardian Online. Its purpose is to promote awareness of research as well as providing a platform to discuss and explore the benefits of research. Over the next 12 months further topical articles will be added and live Q&A sessions will be conducted on the site.
Other key features of the site include:
- NHS Trust research activity league tables
- NHS Trust research activity heat maps
- Further topical editorial articles
- Recent news items generated by the NIHR Clinical Research Network
- A multi media centre where you can access related video and audio
- A ‘News from the Network’ library which also features PCRN case studies