We are currently supporting 96 commercial research projects*
We understand that commercial life-science companies need studies to be set-up quickly, and delivered efficiently and effectively. We’re working to address the specific challenges and pressures faced by Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Technology companies, including Contract Research Organisations, when delivering high quality commercial research in primary care.
Our latest Activity Report (published 1 October 2012) shows that at the end of June 2012 we were supporting 96 commercial studies.
Benefits of working with us We provide a range of solutions to address the key industry drivers of quality, timeliness, reliability and cost effectiveness. These include:
- A single point of contact and entry for all services
- Study and protocol feasibility from key opinion leaders and active commercial researchers
- Access to the NIHR Coordinated System for gaining NHS Permission (NIHR CSP) for R&D approvals
- Support with study start up processes and costing and contract negotiations, using standard templates
- Dedicated and trained Research Network resources to support study delivery at site level (staff and support services)
- Performance management of the adopted study in partnership with the company
- Research Network 'badging' of adopted trials to attract both investigators and patients
Accessing Network support Our dedicated Life-sciences Industry team can support you throughout study delivery and we encourage you to contact us as early as possible so that we can guide you through our streamlined study feasibility and adoption process for commercial research.
Everything you need to know including the adoption panel criteria and how to apply for Clinical Research Network feasibility and adoption is available on the Clinical Research Network website.
Hear how we're doing from those we've already supported
Primary Care Research Network steps into the breach
Network turns around UK recruitment on Servier's global CLARIFY study
Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) is the UK’s biggest killer and the leading cause of death worldwide. Servier, the leading French independent pharmaceutical company, recently set out to recruit 2000 patients in the UK as part of a global study to increase the knowledge and understanding of the disease. When the study looked like it wasn’t going to make its recruitment target, the Primary Care Research Network (PCRN) stepped into the breach.
Read other case study examples of our support