Automatically eligible studies
What qualifies as an 'automatically eligible study'.
Studies which are automatically eligible for consideration for NIHR Clinical Research Network support are those that:
- Have some of their research funding provided by the NIHR, other areas of central Government and NIHR non-commercial Partners; and
- Fulfil the Eligibility Criteria (PDF) definition of a ‘research study’ which is "the attempt to derive generalisable (i.e. of value to others in a similar situation) new knowledge by addressing clearly defined questions with systematic and rigorous methods".
NIHR non-commercial Partners
These are organisations that:
- Award research funds as a result of open competition across England with high quality peer review
- Fund research that is of clear value to the NHS
- Take appropriate account of the priorities, needs and realities of the NHS in making decisions about the research that they fund.
Download the current NIHR Non-commercial Partner List (PDF, 33kb)